[Flang-dev] Flang Biweekly Sync - Notes from October 31, 2018 call

David Greene dag at cray.com
Tue Nov 13 14:02:23 EST 2018

Gary Klimowicz <gklimowicz at nvidia.com> writes:

> o Lots of discussions on flang-dev; Discussion of ASTs and potential
> reuse or modification of Clang ASTs for use with Flang. General
> outcome of the discussion was that people don’t believe they can be
> combined.

I'm not sure that was the consensus.  My impression is that it's still
worth exploring, based on these comments:

http://lists.flang-compiler.org/pipermail/flang-dev_lists.flang-compiler.org/2018-October/000079.html
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/cfe-dev/2018-October/059850.html

There was also someone at the LLVMDev roundtable (didn't get his name,
unfortunately) who seemed confident that something could be workable.

                               -David