[Flang-dev] strange build failure in chroot'd environment

blubee blubeeme gurenchan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 22:02:44 EDT 2018

I am trying to build flang in a FreeBSD jail:
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=jail&sektion=8

The strange thing is the same source code compiles on my machine but fails
in the jail.

I am using the exact same code; it always seems to fail around intrinsic
functions or when compiling right around 40-50% mark.

I have lots of debug info, I have the compile log from the host environment
and from the jail.

The only difference that I can see is my host system uses cmake 3.9.6 and
the jail uses the newer 3.12.1

Maybe 3.12.1 is more picky.

I'll put them on pastebin
cmake build tree; tree -alR
https://pastebin.com/yHes2dye

this is a diff file of the gmake command from the jail vs from the host
machine
https://transfer.sh/14hid7/gmake.diff

You can see where the jail environment  build fails while the host machine
continues to completion.

Has anyone tried building flang with cmake > 3.9.6?