[Flang-dev] new Flang discussions?

Troy Johnson troyj at cray.com
Thu Oct 11 12:14:48 EDT 2018

I think the desire would be for Flang to have an AST that can be used for the same purposes as the Clang AST, but for it to not be precisely the Clang AST due to the different constructs.  It might or might not lead to actual code sharing between [FC]lang.  Possibly there could be common base classes.  The main thing to avoid would be to make the mechanics of using the Flang AST to do useful stuff be dramatically different from using the Clang AST since that’s what people are already familiar with.

-Troy