[Flang-dev] new Flang discussions?

David Greene dag at cray.com
Fri Oct 12 12:15:02 EDT 2018

When you say face-to-face, who was in that discussion?  flang and clang
people?

Is it worth kicking off a cross-post cfe-dev/flang-dev discussion or do
we really think this is completely infeasible?

How many "real" Fortran code use these odd corners of the language?
Dusty decks might but maybe a 98% solution is good enough.  Doing things
like redefining constants just seems evil to me.  Keywords are a bit
easier to understand, as the committee likely didn't want to break old
codes when introducing new keywords.

I would like to better understand the AST mutating problem you mention
and how it relates to clang.  flang presumably has to do the
analysis/transformation already.  Is there something particularly
bad/difficult with requiring tooling to work on a post-cleanup AST?

                            -David