[Flang-dev] Flang roundtable at LLVMDev

David Greene dag at cray.com
Mon Oct 22 10:37:34 EDT 2018

Thanks everyone for a really great discussion!  I was very pleased by
the turnout.  It was wonderful to meet all of you.

NVIDIA folks told us to keep reminding them to engage on flang-dev as
they are still learning this process.  I think we all are to varying
degrees.  As a reminder, I'll jot down a few takeaways I had:

- Biweekly call notes will be posted to flang-dev

  - Can NVIDIA also post pre-call agendas to flang-dev, or at least a
    reminder of the call + information on how to join?

- More design discussion should happen on flang-dev

- The goal is to get f18 to be an "official" LLVM project on par with
  clang.  Some benchmarks to achieve that:

  - flang-dev hosted on lists.llvm.org
  - f18 integrated with LLVM's cmake
  - f18 repository hosted on GitHub;  the git transition is going to
    happen this week so afterward we will have to add f18 to the
    monorepo when we're ready to do so (not for a while yet, I think)
  - Upstream builders build and test f18
  - Obviously it will take some time to get all this in place but this
    is what "official" looks like per our discussion

                              -David