[Flang-dev] RFC: lowering Fortran AST to an IR

xoviat xoviat at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:26:22 EDT 2018

Hello Eric:

The F18 project seems to currently be a pure C++ project without any meaningful runtime or math libraries. Is the plan to eventually copy the f18 tool into the flang source tree, or to copy the flang source runtime libraries into the f18 source tree? I assume that you’ll need to depend on pgmath, as I don’t think that rewriting the math library in C++ will be an effective use of time.

As I understand matters, f18 currently transforms Fortran to Fortran; is this correct? Are you going to lower to the PG MIR eventually (and re-use flang2) or replace flang2 completely?

Thanks