[Flang-dev] non-generic code path

blubee blubeeme gurenchan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 20:14:12 EDT 2018

I currently compile flang with the generic && common code paths and that
works just fine.

I wanted to get an understanding of the cpu specific code paths but I am a
little confused, do I need CUDA or some nvidia specific drivers to resolve
these undefined functions?

cmake identifies FreeBSD as amd64 instead of x86_64 although x86_64 code
usually works on FreeBSD but that's not the issue here.

I copied the libpgmath/lib/x86_64 dir to libpgmath/lib/amd64-FreeBSd and
made some edits necessary to have the code compile w/o using the generic
flag.

Then I compile libpgmath and compiled some fortran code. They compile but
fail at runtime with undefined reference to symbol __fd_log10_8_z2yy

After examining at the libpgmath shared object with readelf -s, looking for
UND symbols.
I get this output: https://pastebin.com/SBRZ7KJ5

I couldn't find any info on those __gc_* __fvs_* __fd_* symbols.

How can I resolve those symbols?

Best,
Owen